Getting the body to look the way we want to can be a very difficult task. Sometimes you wonder how some people can look so beachbody ready. But this is what makes exercise so fun. Learning how the body works to get the results you want.
Healthy eating and regular cardio may help you lose weight, but resistance training is how you sculpt the body the way you want it. Combining both cardio and resistance training is one of the most efficient ways to burn fat and build muscle.
If you’re looking to sculpt your body that gets the people staring, then you want to make sure you train it the right way. Below you will find 5 awesome moves that will sculpt your entire body, and get you beachbody ready.
1. Mountain Climbers
This exercise is a great way to get your core engaged and some definition in those arms. It’s important to maintain a straight back the whole time. No Butts in the Air!
- Get into a push-up position making sure shoulders are directly above the wrists.
- Start by bringing one knee up towards the chest while keeping the other leg back. Try not to let your feet touch the ground as you bring your knees up.
- Do this for about 60 seconds.
There’s a reason why sprinters have such toned bodies. All your muscles are being used when sprinting.
- Start off with some stretching and light sprints to get the body warmed up.
- Sprint on a flat surface to start off and if you are looking to increase the difficulty, then try sprinting up a hill.
- Try sprinting at 50% and build up from there.
If you’re really looking for one of those total body workouts that gets the heart pumping, Burpees are the best.
- From the push-up position, bring your feet up towards your hands making sure you land on your heels and not your toes.
- Once feet are planted securely on the floor, jump up as high as you can and repeat.
- See how many you can do in 60 seconds.
4. Jump Squats
Great heart pumping exercise to really burn calories and build muscle.
- Make sure your feet are at least shoulder width apart.
- Drop down into a squat with hips parallel to the ground, and explode up into a jump.
- Try to do as many as you can in 60 seconds, then see how much on fire your legs are.
5. Kettlebell Swings
This is a very explosive exercise where you will be working the entire body.
- You want to start off standing straight up with your feet shoulder width apart while holding a kettlebell with two hands between your legs.
- Swing the kettlebell up as high as your shoulders.
- On the way back down, the kettlebell should swing between your legs while you’re in the hip-hinge position and not a squat position.
- Start off with lightweight until you can master the technique. Then increase weight for added benefit.