Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine Review – Is It Worth It?
Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine Review
If you’re someone that suffers from joint pain and is looking for an exercise machine that is low impact, row machines are a great option.
Even if you’re an active or former rower, finding the best machine is key to making sure you give your body the best training possible.
Which is why I chose to write this Concept2 model d indoor rowing machine review.
Considered to be the standard when it comes to indoor rowing training, this machine gives you a very effective cardiovascular workout to help increase your fitness level overall.
Below I will be going over why the concept2 is considered the best rowing machine for your home.
After reading this review, you will learn what former and current users like, and dislike about this machine.
This should make you decision on if this machine is right for you that much easier.
Features of the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
When it comes to rowing machines, the Concept2 is hands down the most popular one. A big reason for this is due to how it’s designed.
This is the same machines that is used by Olympic and elite level athletes who are training for their sport. So you can expect this machine to take on the wear and tear and last for a long time.
Some of its features:
- High performance monitor 5 for data accuracy
- Flywheel design for a smooth and quiet workout
- Can separate machine into two pieces for easy storage
- Adjustable footrest and ergonomic handles for comfort
- Caster wheels for easy mobility
- 14 inch adjustable seat height
- Nickel-plated steel chain
Benefits of the Concept2 Rowing Machine
The decision when buying a rowing machine will come down to a few things like effectiveness of the type of workout, durability to handle the use, and of course value for your money. Buyers of the Concept2 will appreciate:
Some obvious benefits include:
- With the performance monitor, you can accurately track things like speed, distance, pace, calories burned and the amount of watts used. The display screen also lights up as soon as you start using it to allow you to see your stats.
- You can connect via bluetooth, allowing you to pair up with compatible heart rate monitors for wireless heart rate monitoring.
- It’s air resistance design makes for increased resistance. The more you pull, the more momentum that is built up therefore increasing intensity of workout.
- Engineered by a former Olympic rower. So you can expect this machine to last a long time.
- Easy to assemble and store. Allowing you to quickly get in and out of your workout without worrying about wasting time setting up.
Many row machines tend to wiggle while in use. What many users like about the Concept2 is the fact that it is very stable there is no wiggle while engaging in an intense workouts.
What Users Like About the Concept2 Rowing Machine
With an exercise machine this popular, you can expect there to be quite a few things a user to like about it. But sometimes it helps to know exactly what some of those things are, and what separates it from other machines.
Here are some things users of the Concept2 was able to appreciate about it:
Some of the most cited issues include:
With the good, there’s always things users will find issue with, and it’s important to cite those issues. Regardless of how little the impact is on the particular workout itself.
What users didn’t like about the Concept2 are:
It’s clear to see that when it comes to top of the line rowing machines, the Concept2 is regarded as the best. Not only are you getting high grade quality, but you are getting a machine that top athletes use to train themselves for competition.
But with that quality, comes a high price tag. So for those on a budget, this particular machine may be a bit out of range for you. You may find other quality machines at a more affordable price.
You can check out my article on the best home rowing machines in 2018 for more options.
So this concludes my Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine Review. If you have any questions or thoughts about it, please feel free to share them below. This will help others reading this make a more informed decision on their choice of rowing machine.