Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells Review
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells Reviews
I recently wrote an article about bowflex selecttech 552, which comes as a pair compared to the 1090.
Both are obviously backed by a very strong brand when it comes to fitness equipment.
And because of that, you know you are getting the best. Which is why i’m writing this bowflex selecttech 1090 dumbbells review.
If you’re reading this article now, more than likely you’re someone that likes to perform their workouts from the comfort of your own home.
So making sure you have the best equipment to complete your workouts is going to be key. In this review I will be breaking down what makes this piece of equipment so valuable.
You also may be interested in learning what the difference is between the bowflex selecttech 1090 and the 552.
Features of the Bowflex SelectTech 1090
What makes adjustable dumbbells so valuable is the ability to change the weight amount quickly. Also saving the user space from having to buy multiple dumbbells sets to satisfy a workout.
So when looking at the selecttech 1090, what you look for most is the how quickly one can increase or decrease the weight amount. And by going over its features, we can get a better idea of what it has to offer.
Some of its features:
- Can adjust the desired weight with just a turn of the dial
- Can adjust the weight anywhere from 10 – 90 lbs
- Encased with metal plates and durable molding for smooth lifting
- Comes with a tray to place the dumbbells in
- Comfortable handle grip for easy lifting
Benefits of the Bowflex SelectTech 1090
The decision when buying a set of adjustable dumbbells will come down to few things like comfort while working out, the amount of weight that can be adjusted , and of course value for your money. Buyers of the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 will appreciate:
Some obvious benefits include:
- The need to purchase more than one set of dumbbells is eliminated with this set of adjustable dumbbells.
- With the dial you can quickly change the weight amount as you progress through different types of workouts.
- Weight amount can be increased in increments of 5 lbs.
- Dumbbell bar gives you a very comfortable grip while working out.
- Can perform workouts that target the entire body.
For those that like to lift heavy, many will find the 1090 a really great buy since the weight amount can go as high as 90lbs. Compared to the 552 that only goes up to 52.5lbs.
So if you’re looking to get those gains, then the 1090 will serve you well. Some may be worried if the selecttech can handle such weight, but being that it has the bowflex brand behind it, I fully expect it to take on the challenge.
What Users Like About the Bowflex SelectTech 1090
The name alone should tell you that you are getting a quality piece of equipment. But for those that need a bit more convincing, below are some of the things users like about working out with the selecttech 1090.
Here are some things users of the selecttech 1090 was able to appreciate about it:
- Adjusting the weight amount is quick and simple during a workout
- Very durable and is built to last a while
- Saves you space within your home
- You receive the dumbbells fully assembled and ready to use
- Users of all fitness levels can use it
- Has a simple design and looks great for any home gym
- Allows for flexibility when it comes to your workout routine
- Has a 2 year warranty
Some of the most cited issues include:
Depending on how heavy a lifter you are, you may find yourself deciding between the 1090 and 552. The reason I say this is due to the fact that both dumbbells have different weight amounts you can increase it to.
What users didn’t like about the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 are:
- Sold as a single which will cost you more to buy as a pair
- Many have complained about durability
- Considered to be very wide which can be annoying during use
If you’re a heavy lifter and are looking to get serious gains, then I would definitely recommend getting the selecttech 1090. It provides the amount of weight needed to help you build the muscle mass you’re looking for.
But if you’re someone that is on a budget and need weights to perform simple exercises, I would recommend getting the selecttech 552. A big reason for this is that it comes as a pair at the same price as the 1090, which comes as a single.
So I hope you were able to learn what you needed to learn in this bowflex selecttech 1090 dumbbells review. And if you’re still not convinced about if this is the right dumbbells for you, take a look at my article on the best adjustable dumbbells.
There are many other options for you to take a look at. So If you have any questions or thoughts, please feel free to share below.